POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled WIP [Running] : Re: Untitled WIP [Running] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Untitled WIP [Running]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Jul 2004 11:17:48
Message: <40e6ce1c@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good way to make a board texture?  At higher
> resolutions, the barn texture shows for what it really is: Y-axis stretched
> granite.  It looks good from a distance, though.  The barn is basically just
> a box with a roof cut out of it.  I don't want to have to build it
> board-by-board.

   If you want it to look good at high res, you will end surely building
it boar-by-board... :) Anyhow you could try to simulate the different
boards with a texture_map using different instances of the current
texture and a suitable pattern.

   BTW, the image is really well composed, and very convincing if you
don't look to the most foreground bean rows. Also, I somehow expect to
have more distant hills at the left...

--
Jaime